Born at Barcelona, Jordi Galí studied contemporary dance and worked with Wim Vandekeybus, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Maguy Marin among others. Besides, Jordi Galí started to develop his own work and created Cie Arrangement Provisoire in 2007. Since 2014, he shares the artistic direction of the company with choreographer Vania Vaneau.
He is associated artist at Ramdam – centre d’art from 2011 to 2014. Together with Vania Vaneau, they are Associated Artists at the Pacifique – CDCN de Grenoble (2016/2020), and then at ICI – CCN Montpellier, direction Christian Rizzo (2020-2022) in the framework of the programme of of Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication.
His work centres on exploring the relations between the body and the materials, between the gesture and the object, and is especially designed for the public space. As monumental and ephemeral constructions, his performances open a singular temporality in urban or natural landscapes.
They aim to offer to the inhabitants, public and users the possibility to perceive differently the context of everyday life.
5 performances are currently touring:
- T (2008): a solo for the stage based on a balancing act for objects-machines and a body as a cog in the machine.
- Ciel (2010): a solo between complexity and apparent ease, the gestures of the builder take place in the public space and the landscape.
- Abscisse (2012): a trio that explores teamwork in which the body becomes multiple and compatible.
- Maibaum (2015): a quintet for an architectural approach, in which the organisation between the performers and the material is fundamental.
- ORBES (2018): a quintet in which the presence of the object is replaced by bodies working with other bodies.
He develops several workshops based on his performances, including two participatory projects:
- Pavillon Fuller (2017)
- BABEL (2019)
He is also taking time to reflect on these particular type of projects by devising workshops that explore the themes of Body and Object and Construction and Game.