Born at Barcelona, Jordi Galí studied contemporary dance and worked with, amongst others, Wim Vandekeybus, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Maguy Marin. Besides, Jordi Galí developed his own personal work and created Cie Arrangement Provisoire in 2007, which he shares the artistic project with choreographer Vania Vaneau since 2014.
He is associated artist to Ramdam – centre d’art from 2011 to 2014. With Vania Vaneau, they together are Associated Artists to the Pacifique – CDCN de Grenoble (2016/2020), and then to ICI – CCN Montpellier, direction Christian Rizzo (2020-2022) in the framework of the program of Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication.
5 performances are on tour :
- T (2008) : solo for the stage based on a game of balances for object-machinery and body-cog.
- Ciel (2010) : solo in which, between complexity and apparent ease, the gestures of the builder take place in the public space and the landscape.
- Abscisse (2012) : trio that explores the team work and in which the body becomes multiple and compatible.
- Maibaum (2015) : quintet for an architectural approach, in which the organisation between the performers and the material is fundamental.
- ORBES (2018), quintet in which the material is replaced by bodies working with other bodies.
He develops several workshops based on his performances, including two participative projects:
- Pavillon Fuller (2017)
- BABEL (2019)
He also develops a thinking on those type of projects by devicing workshops that explore the themes of Body and Object and Construction and Game.